Urban Area Accidents
Driving in densely populated urban areas create unique dangers not found in more rural areas. The accident lawyers at Emerson Law represent clients throughout Indiana, including urban areas. Even with lower speeds on city streets, the most diligent drivers still face the unique dangers associated with driving in urban areas. Even if you do nothing wrong, with the increased number of drivers in a city, you can still become an accident victim.
Emerson Law’s accident lawyers are dedicated to helping you if you were involved in an accident in an urban area. We think that the negligent driver should reimburse you for your injuries. Call the accident lawyers at Emerson Law 317-969-8000 for a free consultation.
City Driving is Dangerous
People find cities appealing for their dense population, ethnic diversity, unique sights, and mass transit programs. Unfortunately, these are some of the reasons that people find it challenging to drive in large cities. The same factors slow the average speed of vehicles, however, accidents occurring in urban areas still cause major bodily injuries.
How to Avoid Accidents in Cities
In cities and urban areas drivers should always be aware of:
- Pedestrians. With the increased population come a greater number of walkers and bicyclists. Over time some pedestrians become aggressive when encountering vehicles. If a driver is distracted for even a moment a tragedy may become unavoidable.
- Drivers Circling for Parking. In addition to very busy streets, cities are notorious for a lack of parking spaces. Be on the lookout for drivers more eager to find an open space to park than being aware of their surroundings including pedestrians and other drivers.
- Distractions. When drivers start to site see while operating a vehicle the recipe is ripe for an accident.
- Mass Transit. Pedestrians coming from/to a train or bus might not be fully aware of the happenings around them. In the streets buses move very fast, stop quickly, and often take up more than one lane of traffic. Drivers in urban areas should pay close attention to buses in order to avoid an accident.
If you are visiting Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, Evansville, or another large city in Indiana enjoy your trip but be aware of the dangers that lurk. If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident contact an experienced accident lawyer at Emerson Law. Call 1-317-969-8000.
We Can Help!
Whether you are contemplating divorce, or been arrested or injured you are probably scared, unsure what will come next and what to do. Give me a call. We will sit down, go over your options and work to find a way to move forward. Call me or another attorney. But call someone and get the help you deserve.
- JR Emerson, Attorney
I am here to help. I am not here to judge. For nearly 20 years I have been helping people in difficult situations and I would be happy to speak with you to see how I might be able to help you too.
- Jill Bracken-Emerson, Attorney
Schedule a Consultation Now!
If you need help we are happy to talk to you at no charge. Give us a call or click the button to make an appointment.
Our attorneys represent people in need of assistance with personal injuries, car accidents, divorce, family law and DUI/OVWI matters. Our clients typically live in counties throughout central Indiana including, Hamilton County, Boone County, Marion County, Hendricks County and Johnson County. Please contact our office to learn how we can help.
Copyright © 2012-2020, Emerson Law L.L.C.
The laws governing legal advertising in the state of Indiana require the following statement in any publication of this kind: Advertising Material. This website is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice, nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.
This site makes use of licensed stock photography. All photography is for illustrative purposes only and all persons depicted are models unless otherwise noted.
The attorneys at Emerson Law LLC represent individuals and families throughout Indiana. Our attorneys use their courtroom skill and experience to also assist men and women in family law, personal injury, car accident lawyers and criminal law matters including divorce, child custody modification, and child support modification in Marion County, Hendricks County, Boone County, Hamilton County, Hancock County, Madison County, Johnson County. Cities in which we practice generally include Zionsville, Lebanon, Whitestown, Carmel, West Clay, Westfield, Noblesville, Fishers, Lawrence, Beech Grove, Speedway, Greenwood, Southport, Franklin, Plainfield, Avon and Danville, Indiana.