Driving in densely populated urban areas create unique dangers not found in more rural areas. The auto accident lawyers at Emerson Divorce and Accident Injury Attorneys, L.L.C. represent clients throughout Indiana, including urban areas. Even with lower speeds on city streets, the most diligent drivers still face the unique dangers associated with driving in urban areas. Even if you do nothing wrong, with the increased number of drivers in a city, you can still become an accident victim.
Our accident lawyers are dedicated to helping you if you were involved in an accident in an urban area. We think that the negligent driver should reimburse you for your injuries. Call the accident lawyers at (317) 969-8000 for a free consultation.
City Driving Is Dangerous
People find cities appealing for their dense population, ethnic diversity, unique sights, and mass transit programs. Unfortunately, these are some of the reasons that people find it challenging to drive in large cities. The same factors slow the average speed of vehicles, however, accidents occurring in urban areas still cause major bodily injuries.
How to Avoid Accidents in Cities
In cities and urban areas drivers should always be aware of:
- Pedestrians. With the increased population come a greater number of walkers and bicyclists. Over time some pedestrians become aggressive when encountering vehicles. If a driver is distracted for even a moment a tragedy may become unavoidable.
- Drivers Circling for Parking. In addition to very busy streets, cities are notorious for a lack of parking spaces. Be on the lookout for drivers more eager to find an open space to park than being aware of their surroundings including pedestrians and other drivers.
- Distractions. When drivers start to site see while operating a vehicle the recipe is ripe for an accident.
- Mass Transit. Pedestrians coming from/to a train or bus might not be fully aware of the happenings around them. In the streets buses move very fast, stop quickly, and often take up more than one lane of traffic. Drivers in urban areas should pay close attention to buses in order to avoid an accident.
If you are visiting Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, Evansville, or another large city in Indiana, enjoy your trip but be aware of the dangers that lurk. If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident, contact an experienced accident lawyer at Emerson Divorce and Accident Injury Attorneys, L.L.C. at (317) 969-8000.
We’re Here to Help You!
We are available by phone 24/7 to discuss your case, and we make it a priority to answer all of your questions as soon as possible.(317) 969-8000
What Our Clients Say
Very professional and knowledgeable, and fighter when needed.”
- Tyler Height, Emerson Law Client
JR is a problem solver, he works well with people and is very comfortable in court. My ex and I are decent friends and JR made this a very easy thing for us. I hope you the same! Glad I chose JR, couldn't have imagined this going any smoother than this!”
- Amanda, Emerson Law Client